Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review - Sensato Nut & Flax Granola

Two Granola reviews? AWWRIGHT!

At this point there is seriously no reason I can't enjoy some cereal-like deliciousness in my life. The secret to finding these products was not to look for Paleo products, but diabetic ones. Low-carb, low-sugar products have been being made for diabetics for a lot longer than us new Paleo folks.
Again, this is a product from my field trip to Vivla Low Carb Superstore.


Sensato's Granola has the same flax-nugget texture as Flax-Z-Snax Granola, but a slightly different flavor. I got the cinnamon variety, and really loved the bite it had. Slightly lemony... like a poppy seed muffin.  I didn't have to add any extra sweetener to it to make it delicious.
I missed the variety of the macadamias and fruity bits that the flax-z-snax had, so I tossed 1/4 cup of frozen berries into my cereal.

Nutrition wise, It looks good. 12 g yummy fat from pecans and flax, 6g protein, and one net carb, minus all the fiber.
I'm going to give it a slight edge over the flax-z-snax brand because the ingredient list is shorter and easier to understand. And just now, I'm reading an article that claims flax-z-snax fibbed about their nutrition facts oh noooo! Lies! Horror! Breakfast!
I'm still gonna eat all the stuff I bought, but will lean towards the Sensato brand when I need to re-stock.

Pros:
Great flavor
Lots of Flax and fiber
Filling

Cons:
Still contains Sucralose
Still $7-8 a bag.
Not perfect paleo (some oats, canola oil)
I need to eat bacon and eggs but I'm eating this instead.

Verdict:
EAT IT ALL UP.

Get this stuff from Amazon

Fiber and a little Healfy controversy,
-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment